Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question regauding innovation strings

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Kevinlee, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    This may be a stupid quetion but it won't be my first. Are the Picato Innovation 140H the same string as the Innovation 140H that I find at http://www.innovationstrings.com? It does not mention anything about Picato at this site and I just want to make sure I'm not dealing with two different strings by the same name.

Thanks
    Kevinlee

2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    In fact the string was initially developed by Lionel Davis and Picato, I think.
    I heard that Mr. Davis left Picato and continued on hiw own.
    There was something about this in other posts about the Innovation.
    I bought a braided G recently and, indeed, there's not a single "Picato" anywhere. Just "Innovation".
    Maybe others will add to the story, or correct it.

3. Lionel is not associated with Picato anymore. The next time I talk to him I will ask why. He is continually trying to improve his strings so there have been a few changes since he first started making them. I think the 140H is for pizz only.

Mark

4. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I was wondering how Innovations are on tension? How do they compare with say.... Helicore pizz?

Thanks
    Kevinlee

5. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    My Innovation 140B (braided core) is thick and feels high tension.
    I never tried the Helicore Pizz, but I'd say the tension feel is about the same as a Spirocore.