1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

question (reguarding guitar amps)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nirvana4ever, May 14, 2006.

1. Nirvana4ever

Nirvana4ever

Aug 2, 2005
    This is something I need clarification on. If you play bass through a tiny guitar amp, but play through headphones, does it still damage the amp? And I'm talking really tiny. It's one of those portable battery-powered amps, but it's still a guitar amp. I'm wondering because it's still being projected by the amp, but I don't know if it's affecting the speaker because it isn't technically playing out of the speaker.

Help me out? Thanks.:)

2. Its the speaker you have to worry about, so if its through headphones the speaker is disconnected and your fine

Also, to people who think bass will totally blow up guitar speakers, this is only if you boost the bass on the EQ and play it pretty loud, i used a peavey rage 158 guitar amp (15 watt 8" speaker starter combo) for a year - 18months, maybe even a bit more than that, when i first started playing bass, and it served me well

I still have it, but it got replaced by my peavey half stack, which has evolved etc etc etc to what it is now

So, all in all, with headphones, your fine, using the speaker, your fine as long as you arent playing loud and with the bass all the way up