Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question to GRAMMA users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Dec 8, 2002.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I'm interested in the GRAMMA isolation product, but as it's a bit expensive here in Europe I'd like to check one thing before buying:

The thing is rated for max. 300 lbs weight, so I could easily put my bass speakers/head stack on it, or use them under our PA speakers (sub+top). What I wonder though, as the platform has foam underneath does it feel wobbly at all? I don't want to have speaker stacks that feels unstable.

2. ganttbos

ganttbos The Professor Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    I have a home-made gramma. I won't describe it in detail - if you're interested I'll do a description and get some pics. It's very effective, especially on a wood floor (gig last night). To answer your question, yes it's got some wobble to it with my rig (2 210's and a 6-space rack with total weight about 180 lbs). But it's a very stable wobble though I know that sounds contradictory. The feet are made from very dense foam. I feel completely secure with it. A high PA stack like a pole mount cab on top of a sub or a tall top-heavy cab with multiple drivers mounted vertically might be a problem.

3. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Got two of them under my 8x10. It is very stable.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I use one under my Workingman's 4004 stack. 1x15T, 2x10T, and the 4004 head...I don't lean against it or anything, but it's pretty sturdy. Does what it's advertised to be able to do, and then some! My friend uses them in his recording studio under bass amps and monitors.

My only beef is, it appears (at least here in Canada...) as if you have to order a case (4) just to get one. I had to convince a friend of mine (the studio guy) to buy the other three so I could afford the one! But it was worth it though...:D

5. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

6. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I have one under 2-GS112's and a WT-400. Light weight rig, but the platform is sturdy. (100 lb. rig)

You can get them at AMS for $49.95 plus shipping.
    AMS

7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Thanks for all your comments! Seems the consensus is the wobble isn't too bad, so I'll chance it. I've sent mail to the European distributors to see what my options are. The price is unfortunately about the double, but that's just par for the course. If I don't have to buy a case I might accept it. :)

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    See my edited post above...cheers!