1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

question to streamer jazzman's owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jassco, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Jassco

Jassco

Jul 16, 2004
    I just want to know if this bass is subject to neck dive...

I will probably have one and i have already a streamer lx that is perfectly equilibrate.
    I hope that is the same thing for the jazzman in 5 string.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Same body... same neck... should be the same result unless the LX is a four and this one's a 5. Even so, the difference would be minimal. Congrats, I have the Corvette version and it's amazing.

3. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Don't have the Jazzman but have a Streamer LX 5-string. I can't imagine these two models differing in weight by that much. From my experience, Streamer LX 5 doesn't have dive but there is a bit of a tendency for it to sit more level but still balances nicely. I think it's probably a small adjustment away from sitting more at the "45 degree angle upwards" position. There's a trick I've read about by replacing just the upper horn strap holder with a straplock. This will put the strap a little closer to the 12th fret. And then there are Hipshot Ultralite tuner replacements.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to own a Streamer Jazzman 5 for a little over a year. It was a great bass, I had no neck dive problems at all with it. It stayed where I wanted it to quite well.

I sold mine to help purchase my F Bass BN6. I just didn't play it enough to justify keeping it around. Nice bass though.

5. Jassco

Jassco

Jul 16, 2004
    ok, thanks a lot for all...

i understand the choice... ;)