question to streamer jazzman's owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jassco, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Jassco

Jul 16, 2004
    I just want to know if this bass is subject to neck dive...

I will probably have one and i have already a streamer lx that is perfectly equilibrate.
    I hope that is the same thing for the jazzman in 5 string.
  2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Same body... same neck... should be the same result unless the LX is a four and this one's a 5. Even so, the difference would be minimal. Congrats, I have the Corvette version and it's amazing.
  3. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Don't have the Jazzman but have a Streamer LX 5-string. I can't imagine these two models differing in weight by that much. From my experience, Streamer LX 5 doesn't have dive but there is a bit of a tendency for it to sit more level but still balances nicely. I think it's probably a small adjustment away from sitting more at the "45 degree angle upwards" position. There's a trick I've read about by replacing just the upper horn strap holder with a straplock. This will put the strap a little closer to the 12th fret. And then there are Hipshot Ultralite tuner replacements.
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to own a Streamer Jazzman 5 for a little over a year. It was a great bass, I had no neck dive problems at all with it. It stayed where I wanted it to quite well.

I sold mine to help purchase my F Bass BN6. I just didn't play it enough to justify keeping it around. Nice bass though.
  5. Jassco

Jul 16, 2004
    ok, thanks a lot for all...

i understand the choice... ;)