Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question to those who've built thier own...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by McHack, Apr 5, 2004.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Last week, I discovered Warmoth, & thought this could be VERY VERY cool...

I immediately started planning out MY warmoth, but this morning it occurred to me,,, there's GOTTA be other manufacturers who do this...

Not that I have anything against Warmoth, in fact, I like what I see so far... I just want to see everything I can before I begin committing cash.

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
  3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, I'm leaning towards Warmoth,, thus far...

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Warmoth is the stuff. They are pricy. But I have never personally encountered any bad stuff from them.

5. Warmoth is not just pricey, they nickel-and-dime you in oh so many subtle ways. Five bucks for this, ten bucks for that. I've done the math and it adds up pretty fast.

I've pointed out before that you can buy a built, neck-through Carvin for the same amount of money that buys you a box of parts from Warmoth.

6. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    Warmoth is pricey yes. My P-bass costed my around 900$ with shipping and 24% VAT and without pickups and preamp. I have read some threads about Warmoth, and Warmoth seems to quality craft their necks and bodies. I can't wait for my p-bass :hyper: