1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question to Zoom B3n owners about EG Filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kamyon, Aug 28, 2017.

1. kamyon

kamyon

Feb 17, 2012
    Hello fellow TB'ers,

I've tried to find something on the EG Filter on the new Zoom B3n but haven't had any chance.

Is this a regular High Pass/Low Pass Filter or is it more like an envelope filter?

Thanks!

2. kamyon

kamyon

Feb 17, 2012
    Anyone out there…re…re…re… :)

3. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Have you download the B3n effects list PDF to view the various filter effects and their parameters?

4. kamyon

kamyon

Feb 17, 2012
    Hey thanks for the response. Yes, of course I had already downloaded the pdf but it's not very clear if it's a regular filter or an envelope filter. It says HPF2 and LPF4 but the filter values are between 0-100, not for example 20Hz-400Hz.

Attached is the screenshot of the filter parameters from the pdf.

jimfist likes this.
  5. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Ok. Now I get what you're asking. Not sure of the answer, off the top of my head at the moment.

6. Chopkins

Chopkins

Aug 16, 2017
    It sounds as if it's a 2nd order High Pass Filter (such as on the Oberheim SEM module) and a 4th order Low Pass Filter (think Moogish) that it's got 2 frequencies based on the position of the control switch - almost like presets. I'm going to create a patch in mine tonight and see exactly what it does.

jimfist and kamyon like this.
  7. kamyon

kamyon

Feb 17, 2012
    Thanks Chopkins.