Question, where is the Peavey DDT indicator for?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by him666, May 9, 2005.

1. Hi

Ive a Peavey T Max Amp. And when its on there is a greenlight, but when i play on pretty loud volumes it turns red. Because that led is also a DDT indicator. Something like compression. But is bad when it turns red?
    I run it with a Aguilar GS212, my bass is a Stingray5
    Thanks in advance.
  2. I think the point is that if you have it enabled (The DDT Compression aka Speaker Protection) it won't damage you're speakers. The red light means the DDT Compression is active. At least this is what I gather from my Firebass.
  3. Funkengrooven

Funkengrooven Turn it down? You gotta be nuts!!

The red LED is on when you are peaking the power amp and the DDT is protecting the amp and your speakers from excessive peaks.
    Peavey's DDT works quite well and I have never heard it "breathe"
  4. So I don't need to worry when its almost constantly turning red when i play loud?
  5. I started a thread on this a while back, similarly worried about blowing my amp up (Peavey Firebass).
    The bottom line is, as long as the DDT is on, the red light simply indicates it 'kicking in' as it were, so there's nothing to worry about.
    I still get concerned people coming up to me at gigs tho. 'Do you know your amp has been overloading the whole gig?' :D
  6. hell_yes

May 6, 2005
    Orlando, Fl
    you dont need to worry about it if it turns red for a little bit... but if it runs red for without turning green for a bit, i'd say you are playing to loud