Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question with ohms and bridging RMX1450. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StandYourGround, Mar 20, 2005.

1. ok, well after getting some replies here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170602

I've devoloped an idea. My Avatar B212 is 4 ohm, and i have the QSC RMX1450. Now, if I add another 4 ohm cab later I will have 450W into each = total of 900W. If, however, i had two 8 ohm
    cabs and bridged both, would i then get 1400W? I'm starting to think I woulda got more power goin the 8 ohm route and bridging. PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    You're pretty much correct... if I'm understanding you the right way. My bass player has the same power amp, and will soon be getting a B212... but he's getting it in 8ohms, so that he can get another cab in the future and still run bridged.

3. And i would get more power from runnin two 8 ohm cabs bridged than two 4 ohm cabs normally (because i wouldnt be able to bridge them)? Or am i missing something...

4. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    That is correct.

5. DAMMMITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm gonna return my cab and get 8 ohms. I wish I thought of this before hand. Thanks for all the help