Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Nickthebassist, Aug 18, 2004.

1. It says this forum has guest luthiers. Does that means they come on here and post?

2. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    Yes, but not often!

[​IMG]

3. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Yeah, Hardly ever.......

4. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    Is it a full moon?! :D

5. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Teh basic idea with this forum was, originally, that the "guest luthiers" were to answer the questions first, and then the rest of the heap was allowed to post their views.
    But, this is the Internet, and anarchy rules...

They do come in and add some experience every now and then, though.
    A bit too little, nowadays, IMO... :bawl:

6. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    :D

Hey Sub. Pretty hard to answer all questions, plus the same one keep poping right?

Also I need to add that You and pilotjones are doing some great job helping people here.

Peace,
    JP

7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    :oops: Aww, shucks. (Scuffs toe in dirt)

Well, I'm a luthier in my mind, anyway. Anybody want to buy a few hundred bass designs, sketched out during engineering meetings? ;)

While you could count the total posts by Joe Zon and Michael Tobias on one hand, Ken Smith does post and help out from time to time (and it's much appreciated). Rick Turner has been spending some time here, too. And, there is significant participation from the small-time luthiers JP, Scott French, Greg Yancey, Kahuna, Hambone, Matt Schmill, Stroy, SK, JSP, and several others who names escape me before my first cup of coffee (please don't be offended!).

8. Rick Turner

Rick Turner Commercial User

Jul 14, 2004
    I design and build electric basses and pickups under the Turner, Renaissance, and Electroline brand names.
    Calling all Rick Turners! Yeah, I'm around. Hey, Phil, how ya doing? Out of Nashville now, yes? No longer working for agents of Satan, yes?

9. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    //roaring of laughter//

+1 ! Though I might have major difficulties to find the minutes with the proper sketch for you... :eyebrow:

:D