Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question . . .

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Me n Microbass were talking earlier

and we talking about breaking things, and i said i should break the glass of my old power tubes and stick them in the amp and see what happens when i turn it on, jokingly of course, but, out of curiosity what would happen?

Interesting light show? or just a fuse going?

oh, and Microbass also finally admited TE stuff was overrated :ninja:

2. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    You soooo have to try that out! Breaking sh*t rules!!!! Just have a fire extinguisher ready!

3. Ill state this now, incase anyone didnt think that, IM NOT REALLY GOING TO DO THIS, i just spent a few pennies completelly revalving this thing and its been checked out as 100% A-OK by the tech, so im not going to **** it now!

4. You're a dick.

However yes. I'd love to see his crappy SVT go down in flames. :smug:

Thoughts?

And if you don't do it... I'LL do it.

5. Its soo crappy that a tech could fix it

I bet you wish your TE was like that :p

6. Don't know too much about tubes... but if they have the glass around them for the same reason as light bulbs (to keep oxygen away from the filament, prolonging their life) then they will just er.. "spontaneously disassemble" quite quickly :p .

7. +1

8. You suck you weedgie bam :p , stay on track with the thread :spit:

Spontaeously Disassemble, hahaha ace :D

9. sir, i think it is YOU who can't quote!

and for that, I'LL SPONTANEOUSLY DISSASEMBLE YOU!

OCTOBER 2ND. BE THERE!

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I wouldn't even want to think about what would happen to the entire amp. I predict a fire, and then a thread about what amp to replace your SVT-II with.

-Ray

11. only if i was planning on setting fire to things again :spit:

save the world from the birden of another trace :spit:

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I also took some time and fixed some of you grammar problems :p. Yes, I'm very bored right now.

-Ray

13. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The transfer of electrons would stop due to the lack of a vaccum. I don't think anything would happen, as long as nothing came into contact with the fillaments.

14. oh sod you baw bag :p

So, Plain Old Me, your saying, to make this interesting paper clips or other such bits of wire should be used to connect the tubes or something :p

15. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    It would make an efficent execution tool ;)

16. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    @Micro & Mohawk,

If I was you 2 guys, I'd stop my bickering & enjoy all the latest offerings from the local distillaries AND then crank those tubey beauties UP!

slainte,
    ~S~

17. Trace's suck - BLOW THE MOTHERF%@&^$!

18. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I love it when someone quotes themself. :D

I think he has already done this with 'Peg and is trying to figure out what wrong with it now! :p WAIT, I take that back...him trying it is what caused the first problem! :D :D :D

19. I think the answer is that the vacuum helps the electrons jump around in the tube to make it work, as well as keeping the filament from burning out really fast.

So it might work with much less gain for a very short time with a very crappy tone if you broke the glass.

I think it would sound more like a Peavey than a TE in that case... :D :eek: :bag:

Randy