1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by floppydisk, Nov 11, 2006.

1. floppydisk

floppydisk

Aug 26, 2006
    im gonna play bluegrass band i was wondering if i should just have an electric bass or an acoustic- electric bass (id rather have a bass guitar instead of a double bass) i was thinking acoustic electric would be the best choice but i want ur opinion

2. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    you should play whatever works best for you and has the tone you want. period.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Either way, you're going to have to plug in, so you might as well go with whatever's more comfortable.

4. trasser

trasser

Dec 13, 2005
    I once read this book about studio bass players that said: If you can't play an upright bass, then you should go with an acoustic fretless, that will get you close to the sound of an upright

5. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    Bigger question what are you being hired to play. Do they want electric or upright do they want both. If you don't play upright and they know that I would still bring something that gets a more "acoustic" like sound. A electric acoustic, a bass with piezo's. maybe just a electric with flats for a thumpy bottom. The key is what does the band or music call for.