1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by John Deacon, Sep 21, 2008.

1. John Deacon

John Deacon

Aug 24, 2007
    Virginia
    I was looking for strings that someone recommended me. Fender Original Nickels. I couldn't find those, but they had Fender Original Chrome with Nickel plating. Is it the same thing?

2. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    The Fender 7150 are the pure nickel strings. I haven't done an a-b comparison between fender's plated and pure nickel, but I know I just installed some pure on my P bass, and as much as I like them, they were driving me nuts on my last practice. When I would digg-in, the sound was being cropped... not sure how to explain it, but I just wasn't getting the dynamic response I was expecting from the strings.

If you have a light touch, then they are great. If you like to get the nasty when digging in, then try something else.

That's just my experience with them. I've only played about 5 hours total on them, so take with a grain of salt...

3. John Deacon

John Deacon

Aug 24, 2007
    Virginia
    Well, these actually sound good. I was surprised actually.