Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by my name is me, Jun 15, 2002.

1. my name is me

my name is me

Apr 4, 2002
    what is it exactly that makes a bassits good? is it knowledge of theory is it physically being able to play hard songs or is it just being able to make up things that are good?if you consider yourself good reply to this and do tell why.

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    You got it pretty much right there. Being able to think on your feet, writing songs, being able to play well also.

3. A good musician knows his instrument better than he knows his friends or family. That person is able to communicate his deepest ideas and emotions through his music. At the same that person stretches the boundaries of the instrument by being physically and mentally concerned with how music is created on his instrument. A good bassist should have very developed physically abilities aswell as the mental ability to be creative and take the bass into a new realm of music. I am not a good bassist by these standards, but these are the standards I strive for.