1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)


Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. I know very little about technical crap...and i didnt know where else to post this dumb question.
    But here it goes:

    I play various Fender basses and some require standard cable to plug into the bass and some require the L-plug shape to plug into the bass. My question is, is there some sort of splitter or a jack i can get that i could plug into my amp so i wouldnt have to always be changing the cables around everytime i pick up a different bass?
  2. If I'm reading your post correctly...

    There isn't any reason why an L plug can't be used on both a bass with a jack on the front and a bass with a jack on the edge of the lower bout. I don't see why you feel the need to change. I play a total of 6 basses with the jacks everywhere and I only use L plugs on the instrument end of my favorite cables.
  3. And on the other side of the coin i dont use L-shaped jacks on my leads. I just loop the lead through my strap and plug it in. That way if i step on it, i dont yank it out.


  4. permagrin


    May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I can't think of a jack plate that would 'require' an L-shaped end, but there are the jack plates (stewmac just calls them 'Strat-style') that work best when using a cable with a stright end.
  5. Is there a Fender bass that has this type of jack?
  6. permagrin


    May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    not that I know of...
  7. no jacks accually require an L shaped cable but i think he likes to use the L shaped plug when the jack is on the outside edge of the guitar and use a straigt when the plug is on the top near the bridge. am i understanding right? well if thats the case just use a straight cable. and im open to taking all of you L shaped cables.