Questions about 2Tek bridge.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by belair57, Feb 16, 2001.

1. How much is a 2Tek bridge, where can you get one, who can install one(I've heard there are only a few authorized installers of the bridge.)
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. JimmyThePlumberMan

Feb 4, 2001
    While the 2TEK may make your Samick sound a bit better, its a huge waste of money. Youll be spending probably $300+ on a bass that cost about the same! Dont waste your money, just save up and buy a better quality bass that you wont have to double the price screwing with.
  3. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I wouldn't call the 2Tek a waste of money, but you do need to know that it's an expensive proposition when you want to install it on an existing bass. I know of two places near Cincinnati that this can be installed. The bridge runs about $295, and installation costs extra. I'd be tempted to recommend that you find yourself a Hamer Cruise 2T - for the cost of the whole bass, you still get the bridge. They are incredible sounding, and yes, they sustain forever. You really notice the independent resonance of the strings. The bottom line on these is that you DO NOT want to install them yourself. For starters, the templates can be very expensive by themselves, and you need to be an accomplished router (so I hear) to do it without making a mistake.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I second the recommendation on trying an instrument with the 2Tel bridge first. If you do try it and you don't like it, you're stuck with a huge hole in your instrument. I'd be very careful if I were doing the mod to an instrument I liked.

Will C.:cool: