Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

questions about amp selling (and buying)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stu hamm rules!, Sep 5, 2002.

1. ok, i'm looking to get a new amp, so i have to sell my old one, but i've never really sold anythig of that price, especially not an amp, so i dont know how much to sell for.

I have a 50W carlsbro combo, bought approx 6 months ago new, for £200 ($313). It is in good condition except for one thing, it seems to occasionally cut out (very occassionally) although it could be the leads (not the bass as that is new) but i think it is the amp as i have to overdrive it just to be heard at practices.

i am thinking maybe £150 would be a fair selling price, what do you think? ($235)

one other thing, is this a bargain, it seems a good deal to me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=904124004

i think it must be really old or something??

2. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    That selling price may be a bit much if it is the amp that has the problem. I'd go buy a new lead to test that.

As for the Peavey, I'd go for it (if I wasn't in the states). It is rather old, it's most likely that it is older than my head (Peavey, made in 1980) I would guess mid 70's. I paid $150 for my head alone.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    If you sell the bass without disclosing any faults you could be in for some pain later. If you do highlight the fault then people may not want to buy it. I wouldn't.

Use a different lead then try it. If it still cuts out, try a different instrument, run a guitar or keyboard through it if you have to. It may be the amp jack socket. I would find out how much it is to fix it.

BTW when buying secondhand from a private sale you have to be very careful. THe seller might want rid as it does not work properly.