Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Questions About Eden Metro & Its D.O.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I play through an Eden Metro combo. I love it's sound especially when I boost some bass and mids. When I'm playing a festival type of setting, I usually plug my Bass right to the input in front of the amp. I then go to the board right from my direct out in the back of my Metro rather than using a DI Box.

1. Using the Eden Metro's D.O., does the feed to the board include the bass and mid boosts I dial in on the front of the amp, or is the preamp on the Metro only contouring the sound coming out of the Metro cabinet?

2. I don't really know what level to set the Direct Out. How do I know if my direct out level (in back of the amp) is set high or low enough?

I did a search here and didn't find it, and when I e-mailed these questions to the Eden company when I bought it, they didn't return my e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

2. Bassmanbob

Bump. Helllllooooo! Anybodyyyyy theeerrrreeeee????

Would really like to know the answer to this question.

Thanks,

Bob

3. CetiAlphaVI

CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    Midwest
    I do not have a Metro, but sometimes use a WT330, which has a DI with ground lift and level adjustment. Probably very similar to your Metro's.
    Regarding your question #2 - I have been in situations where the soundman asked me to lower the DI output level, because the signal was clipping at the board. I think if you establish good communication with the soundman, you will get positive feedback during soundcheck as to whether or not your signal is too strong or weak.
    As per question 1, I know you sent e-mail that they missed, but did you try posting in the Eden forums? They seem to be pretty good about answering questions placed there.

4. Bassmanbob

So if I go to the Eden website, they have forums? I didn't know that. Thanks!

5. Bassmanbob

Just thought I would post the answer to my question for those of you interested.

I went to the Eden web site and they have a forum area too.

I found out that the Recording DI in the back of the amp is sent out after the preamp settings have influenced the sound. So you get your Eden sound to the board as you like it.

As to the question about themix. the answer there was similar to the answer given here. You should keep the lines of comunication open between you and the sound guy. It makes scence anyway.