1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Questions about EZDrummer & Logic

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by K2000, May 9, 2010.

1. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I'm looking for a drum program that is good for mixing time signatures (like 2 measures of 4/4 and then a measure of 7/8).

Would EZDrummer be a good choice for that? I'm working on composing some stuff with occasional "prog" touches mixed in... not entirely odd time sigs for a whole song - I want to go back & forth in the same song.

If there aren't lots of existing EZDrummer loops in 7/8 for example, will Logic allow me to trim my loop, in order to conform to a different time signature? In other words, can I edit EZdrummer loops, in order to get creative with time sigs? Would that be a good approach (or a pain in the butt?)

I'm not a drummer, so any original drum programming I would do would be sucky - so what drum loops/software would you recommend for composing in Logic, with mixed time signatures?

Is Superior Drummer considered an upgrade from EZdrummer, or is that a separate purchase? Could I take EZDrummer tracks and modify them with Superior Drummer in the future, if I decided to upgrade?