1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Questions about Fender CS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slybass3000, Sep 7, 2008.

1. slybass3000

slybass3000 Banned

Nov 5, 2004
    Montréal,Qc,Canada
    I would like to know from bassist who did order some CS in the form of Jazz Bass or P Bass vintage.

I'm considering getting either a Jazz Time Machine relic or a 59 P, but I'm not sure what finish to ask (relic,NOS or closet).

Also,is it worth it to have a masterbuilder doing it?

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Hi, I have a timemachine '64 jazz in closet classic. I like the closet classic finish because the worn neck feels better to play on than the NOS necks IMO but it isn't fully beat up and reliced... Closet Classic is the pick for me for that reason but otherwise there is no real advantage to any finish. I'm not sure on the Standard/Team Built/Master Built thing though. I've never seen anything other than a standard custom shop in person, but some of the Team Built jazzes i've seen on Bass Emporium's website have looked really really nice; AA birdseye necks, heavy relics, custom colours, etc. It's just up to you if it's worth the extra money for those options...

3. slybass3000

slybass3000 Banned

Nov 5, 2004
    Montréal,Qc,Canada
    Thanks,

The closet classic seems like a good choice,

Sylvain