Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Questions about G&L L2500!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassophile, Oct 14, 2005.

1. In few days I will go to try used L2500 Blueburst! I've never played this bass but I heard recordings and I was attracted. Also I liked audio clips on G&L web site. After deep looking on internet for reviews I noticed that there are two versions of L2500: older - with 4+1 arrangment of tuners, and newer - with 3+2 which is lighter a little bit. When did they start to make newer L2500?

Also, I heard about potencial noisy electronics, did they solve this problem on a newer version. Is there any difference in electronics since they started to make new ones.

When did they start to make L2500 limited edition with "Guitars by Leo" on headstock?

Thanks!
    :confused:

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I have BP magazine from late 97/early 98 that has a 4+1 pictured.
    My '99 L2500 has the 3+2 config

3. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I owned an L2500 for a while about three years ago and it was a great bass, I would buy another in a minute if I could. I did not find the electronics particularly noisey although the preamp on/treble boost mode was a bit much for me. It was the most versatile sounding bass I have ever played.

4. Thanks!
    Caca,
    what are your experiences with electronics, does it make noise in studio, or in vicinity of cell phone etc.? :rolleyes:

5. I have a 4+1 and a 3+2. My 4+1 was made in 1995 and I don't think they exist outside past 1998 range based on the G&L registry.