Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Questions about internal dip switches?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tucker, Jun 30, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    (I DONT KNOW IF THIS THREAD GOES HERE SORRY IF IT DOESNT.)
    Hey this is a question about internal dip switches. I was reading Bass Player magazine(Issue November 2000) and saw the reviews for a Spector NS 2000/4. I saw actaully read that there are internal dip switches in the bass. The magazine sauid they boost the highs and not the lows. There is one in my bass same kind (a 5 stringer) and I was wondering what would happen if I moved one up or down or reconfigure them. Would this hurt my bass or do anything. I know its to boost the highs but is that all and what is the advantage of this? I wanted more tone capabilities and was curious what if I were to move one of these. Thank you

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Tucker, why not just change the switches and see what happens. Just make a clear note on where each switch is before moving them. I am 99.99% sure that you can't really harm the bass or amp. If you don't like the results, simply put them back where they were.

Pkr2

3. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Alright well thanx alot. I'llbe sure to do that. Thanx again