1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Questions about Mark Bass combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afinalfantasy, Mar 14, 2008.

1. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    This one store near where I live is getting some of these amps in next week and after looking into them, this will probably be the brand I will be going with. Now, would I be able to hook up a cabinet to further get the sound out? I realize that they are pretty loud so that's why I'm asking.

Also, if any of you have one, which one would you recommend that has front panel controls? I honestly dislike having the controls on the back of the amp, so thats why I'd like to know. Thanks for any help.

2. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Yes, Markbass heads have two speaker jacks. Just make sure you don't go under 4 ohms.

The 210 and 115 combos all have the head in front. The 112 is the only one that doesn't. Unfortunately for you, I find it to be the best sounding combo in their line.

3. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Artist Relations and Social Media Manager, Pigtronix and Supro
    You can turn any Markbass combo into a 500W rig by adding any 8 ohm cabinet.

Since you live in Canada, you also have access to the CMD 121H and CMD 103H, which have the head in front.
    And in fact, many feel that the CMD 121H is a better-sounding combo than the Mini CMD 121P because it is larger and has a compression driver instead of a piezo tweeter.

For more info, check out our website or ask me.

Cheers,
    Peter

4. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    How much are prices usually?

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    In America, they're extremely reasonable for what they deliver. Can't say what Canadian prices are, but you should be glad you live in Canada and have a lot more choices than us in the states. Markbass is doing a slow rollout of their product line in the US as to not overwhelm their resources. I fully understand why they're doing it, but I'm dying to try one of their Classic 300 heads and it looks like we won't be getting them for a while. I'm going to Stuttgart next week, and I may have to try to find a store there that has one.

6. SlapHead

SlapHead

Dec 23, 2006
  7. I have the CMD 121P and absolutely LOVE it! I occasionally hook it up to my Ampeg SVT6X10HLF and am blown away by the sound.

No, I spent a lot of time curious (and skeptical) about MarkBass.....I am neither any longer.....

Although I play Ampeg (for most gigs) and carry my MB to practice and the occasional smaller gig, I wouldn't part with the MB for any reason. One of the best investments I have made in my back in ages!!:D:D

8. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Slaphead, does the amp weigh a lot? This one guy I know says they are pretty light. Also, does it have an effects loop? It's not going to put me off from getting it if it doesn't, but I'm just wondering

9. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    The head itself weighs 6.5 lbs. And it has an effects loop, however, there is no blend control. Don't know if that means anything to you, but that's how it works.

10. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    I have the 210 combo and it's amazing!!!! Been gigging it every weekend for going on a year and it has delivered flawless performance, killer tone, abundance of volume, and is the lightest amp I've ever owned. BUY IT!

11. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    On their website I can't seem to find it explaining the controls on the head section of the combo. That and not finding a big enough picture.

12. Iirc, the controls are: input gain; four-band EQ; VPF, which brings down the highs for "classic" tone; VFE, which boosts the highs a little and maybe scoops somewhere; and master volume.

13. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    You didn't look very hard.
    http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=en&cat=1&vedi=69

Look under Downloads for the manual, and look under images for a shot of the rear panel.

14. SlapHead

SlapHead

Dec 23, 2006
    Afinalfantasy, the 3x10 combo is relatively light....29kg / 63lbs. The handles are recessed. You can comfortably lift it without help. HOWEVER......it IS bulky. It won't fit in the boot of my car. It fits in the back seat of the car but is not easy to get / in out of the car. Great tone though...the bigger cab size gives a lot of bottom end.