1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Questions about reverend basses..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by withdevil, Mar 30, 2006.

1. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    Hi,
    Are reverend basses nice?
    They look like toys to me......that's why..
    Are they powerful enough to be used in lives/gigs?

How about where to buy them..

2. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.

Umm, yeah. They have quite a devoted following here.
    Awaiting Matrok to enter........

3. Well you didn't specify "nice" in which way, but in any way I can anticipate... yes. Might not be the best choice for a slapper though.

They are not toys, and are in fact real basses. They also have a hotter output than most other passive basses, so they're more than powerful enough. I have personally used one at many gigs.

Where to get one? eBay, or the classifieds. You just missed out on the last basses Reverend ever made.

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Reverend done sold out the bass shop just this week.
    They're damn fine basses.
    The necks already feel like they've been played on for about 30 years. The pickups are brilliantly fat and clear and punchy.
    The looks: that's up to you to decide.

I have three;)

5. I loved the light weight, I loved the fabulously comfortable neck, I loved the fat sound from the hot pickups, I loved the look. I hated the neck dive. I sold it 2 weeks ago. In a year, I'll probably be kicking myself for selling it...but not yet.

6. Wow, really? I've never found neck dive to be a problem with mine. It never made sense to me because with the lightweight body it logically would be more prone to that... but it just isn't.

7. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Me neither, but I typically use a wide leather strap, unfinished on the shirt side, so it's a little grabby that way.

8. I can't add much to what the others have already said, but since this is a Reverend thread, I have to post. Reverends are the best. I have two other really nice basses, but I always reach for my Rumblefish when it matters. There was a nice 4-string on eBay last time I looked. I would jump on it if I was you. There are no more new ones.

9. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Shoot there was a bitchin lava swirl BH5 there earlier this week. For those that don't know: that's a 5L, with *two* J pups in each position, stacked into switchable humbuckers...

BAM!

10. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    If I don't play my Ritter, I play Reverend. In a way they are toys. . . . dangerous toys, for dangerous boys. Like me! I just recorded for the first time with my JJ fish. . . . .awesome!

11. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    people buy them too fast. i want them since u guys are so positive

12. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    It's still there right now...;)

13. Just get one in your hands and plug and play.......then you'll know if it's for you or not! Personally, when it's time to go to the big gigs, I reach for the Reverend. I've always been more of a traditional look kind of guy, and would actually prefer if they looked more traditional, but the playability and sound are what matters in the final analysis.