Questions about Robert Keeley pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by whyusofunky, Jul 19, 2005.

1. I have been trying to get a similar sound that Robert Mercurio from Galactic gets when he busts out one of those distortion solos. I recently tried out a Ibanez Tubescreamer. I like the way it sounds but as everyone says I'm losing a lot of natural bottom end. I noticed that Robert Keeley has a lot of different pedals that have what others don't have. Dose anyone have an idea if one of his pedals could get me the sound I am looking for?

2. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I can't say I am familiar with galactic, but I am familiar with tubescreamers, and if you liked the way it sounded, get it. Robert Keeley does his mod to it, and there is also Analogman who does TS mods. I plan on getting my TS9 modded by keeley, but haven't yet.
  3. So how it works with Robert Keeley is, you buy the pedal that you like and he will then fine tune it for you? Would I just drop him an email and explain what it is that I am looking for?
  4. Go to his website and find the contact info, Robert would actually prefer to talk to you via phone, E-mails take longer to reply to you.

Make sure you follow all of the instructions for sending in a TS for modding, understand he has several pedals with no names and no instructions sitting there waiting to be indentified.

Robert is very personable and will spend the time with you to get it right the first time around.

Love my Keely Compressor.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

He means ;)
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  7. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  8. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    There are loads of good stock bass tube screamer clones, like the Bass Drive by Fulltone.

Might save you a bit of cash