Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Questions About the yorkville Scoop control?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Feb 8, 2006.

1. As the topic states? I have a question about the scoop control, Ok here goes. If I hook up 2 pedals? will the scoop control "control both pedals effects" in some degree?

2. Yes it would if you're going bass-pedal-pedal-amp input. If you're using the effects loop, I'm not sure, but my guess would be yes.

From the Yorkville website "The unique variable contour Scoop function sweeps from a flat frequency response through a mid-frequency dip at 400 Hz. As you increase beyond the ½-way point on the control you begin to boost both the top and bottom end to your tone, in addition to further reducing the midrange level."

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    the scoop is a "mid cut" knob... simple as that. Anything you put before it will have it's mid frequencies cut. It does't care what you plug into it (although if'n you played a flute through it... the frequency might not do as much because the "mid cut" it relative to the electric bass guitar)

4. Thanks gang. So what would you guys suggest I do? BASS > PEDAL > PEDAL > AMP? Oh btw the new pedal is the digitech's Bass synth wah.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I'm pretty sure the scoop control is post effects loop, but I can confirm that with the engineer later if y'all want...

6. If its no bother to you bud, I love my amp its awsome, it made my tone %100 better, & closer to what I've been looking for.

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Man, I'm glad I checked...the scoop is pre effects loop, not post, which is pretty cool actually...so if you hook up the pedals in your loop, then you would not be affecting their tone with the scoop knob...if you hook it up in line between your bass and the input of your amp, then the scoop would have some effect.

What kind of pedals are you planning on using?