Questions about Warmoth Body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cbhm, Mar 6, 2005.

1. cbhm

Apr 4, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Hey I need some help. I'm thinking about getting a warmoth body to replace my Fender American MIA '75 RI Jazz. However i was wondering if the neck would fit. The neck on the MIA 75 RI is a 3 bolt design with the micro neck adjustment. Also, this neck is finished with a Gloss Polyurethane Finish. If I were to strip this finish, any negative side effects? Thanks.
    BTW this bass is fitted with a J-retro, I was thinking of changing the Pickup config to a P-J. Anyone have any experiences with the J-retro in a P-J bass? Thanks
  2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    If you are talking about replacing the body and pups, then you're talking about trying to turn this bass into something it isn't...go find another bass to mess around with...
  3. cbhm

Apr 4, 2003
    Hong Kong
    That doesnt really answer any of my questions but thanks, I appreciate your point of view. The thing is that I can't really afford a new bass right now. Anyways, I have a Zon and I'm finding that it is too similar to my Jazz in sound. I'm looking to change the Jazz a bit or my other option would be to sell it and get a new bass altogether. Another factor is the fact that I might be using this body to build another bass in the future. thanks for your input
  4. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Warmoth says they make 3 bolt guitar bodies, but they didn't say anything about basses. bwbass on this forum might have the answer to your question.
  5. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    We started doing the 3-bolt option on guitar bodies and neck when we intoduced the head-adjust vintage truss rod. All our other truss rod designs conflict with the 3-bolt mounting, because the truss rod nut interferes with the micro-tilt bolt and plate. And since we don't make a vintage truss rod eqiupped bass neck, we can't accomodate the 3-bolt attachment on basses.

Short answer: No. :) I wish we had a better one!