Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Questions for Mesa BB/Powerhouse owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 'JC', Aug 6, 2005.

1. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    So I played that new Mesa stack that's making it's way to GCs and loved it.

Big Block 750 powering a 215, and other times a 115/210 stack.

Anyone here own a Mesa Big Block rig?
    I'm curious as to what you had before and if it has replaced your old rig.

2. JC..I own a bb750 and I love it..before the bb I owned a M-pulse 600 that I really liked too,but the bb had a certain feel to it that the 600 did'nt.there are a lot of features on the 600 that I did'nt use(I'm a plug and play guy)...the bb is the most "tubey' sounding non-tube amp I have ever heard,and I heard a lot of them(been playin and gigin for 25 years) this amp is a hybrid,it has a tube pre-amp(4x12ax7's) and a solid power amp..I first ran it with a mesa 2x15 and 2x10(road ready)..while it was pure orgasmic bliss :eek: ,it was a lot of rig to move around so I downsized :rolleyes: to a ph 1000(also rd.rdy)that also made my toes curl :D ..now I run a 1x15 scout cab with the downward firing 10" passive radiator and I don't miss those other cabs at all.it sounds waaaay bigger than it is(and it weighs less than the head).I plan to get another scout to take full avantage of all that power.hope that answered your questions..