1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Questions for the infamous "Lefty Union"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NekoTheWolf, Oct 9, 2013.

1. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    Hi. Im a left handed bass player, and I have some questions about the lefty union.

1. Is anyone still handing out numbers?
    2. If so, how could I get one?
    3. What benefits do we gain becoming unionized workers? (a bump in pay, better insurance, etc.)
    But really, I see people with the numbers quite often, but haven't heard much about it at all thread wise.

2. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    Bump.

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    1) The number system sort of fell apart a while ago... but the Lefty Union is alive and well. I just haven't had the opportunity re-assemble our ranks properly. ;)

The original thread is still here, but there are others around as well: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f30/lefty-union-revived-270958/

2) As soon as I catch up on what I've missed over the last year (yeah, it's been a while!), I can assign you one myself.

3) Pride. Lots of pride. :D

And in some sense, an informal lobby for getting bass manufacturers to remember that we exist.

4. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    Sorry it took so long to respond, but thanks for the answer! I hope to get a number! That'd be really cool.