Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Questions for Washburn Taurus T24 owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Le Basseur, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    1.What's the neck scale? 34' or 35'?
    2.What's the string spacing? (both at the nut and the bridge,please)
    The Washburn website doesn't say anything on these.
    Thanks!

2. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    are you planning on buying one of these, I owned a t-25 and had alot of qc issues, almost all of the tuning pegs broke at one point(Washburn did replace them free after the fourth one had to be repaired, and my dealer called a gave them an earful) and the pots were a little noisy, I'm not saying that all of themare bad, but mine definitely was, I think if I were gonnna do it over again I could find alot more bass for the money, also this bass weighs a ton, look into Ibanez, Schecter, Spector, they all have low end models that compare and probably sound as good if not better, not saying wahsburn is a bad company, just think the qc on their Korean models(or at least the one I own is not up to par)

3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Thank you for the reply and comments (warnings).
    Though....
    ...dimensions,please?

4. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    C'mon,guys,don't be lazy! :bag:
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I know that on my T-25 it is 35". I am trying to remember what those came to the floor with, but I do not remember. I was never interested in the 4's only the 5'ers. Did you call :eyebrow: Washburn Customer Service :spit: . It is a shot in the dark, but they might have a clue. :rollno:

6. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Thanks for the reply!
    I hope you don't mind for what I'll have to say,but...you really don't have a reason for those ugly smiley insertions :D .
    I live in an East-European country where the things just started to move in the right direction.Amongst others,this means that a legal distributor(as,let's say,Washburn) is,for now,only a humble IMPORTER of a given brand and nothing more from the "customers' service and information" point of view.(...but to be politically correct,there are exceptions,such is Yamaha :hyper: ).
    This is the only reason I post such elementary and sometimes silly question on this forum...It happens to need a specific information wich I cannot get somewhere else but here! :)
    On the other hand,to phone the US Washburn's Customer Sevice from where I am,just doesn't fit my budget! :eek:
    Regards,