1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

questions from vanilla vet about new WoW

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Super Dwarf, Oct 13, 2010.

1. hey just have a few questions about the new changes in WoW. first just a little about what i used to/do know. i played an arms dwarf (hence my username) warrior as my main (after the first hunter pet nerf, i had snarler with the 100 resists,i stopped playing my hunter) back in the old days before BC, i raided but i didnt like to tank so in the end i just would PVP. my desktop went dead and i started playing music again so WoW went far in the back of my head, so i stopped playing. i was thinking of going back to my old server medivh and see if any friends are still there.

well i have been reading about cata and man does it seem to tempt me back to the game, as a goblin this time. i understand that WotK made playing end game a joke but this new patch i notice has sooooo many people freaked out and its only been two days. are these people just the ones that started late in the games history or the vets agree with them? what i was looking forward to was NOT being givin a cookie for playing and earning what i have in game.

so yea summery i guess, does the new direction seem to be heading back to the old days?

oohhh and i can still find all my chars names on the wowarmory, of course no actual char to see, but does that mean i cannot use my old names anymore being that log in is different then it used to be and you need a b-net account?

2. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    WoW is evil!

Honestly though Vanilla WoW was really, really good, a lot better than BC, and WotLK actually made me stop playing. It's the same grind over and over.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    4.0.1 so far is a slight return to vanilla. Cataclysm will be pretty nice. They've accomodated to the vcasuals a lot, but end game content is still fun. New races and classes are fun too.

4. thanks for the replies guys. i had to stop reading the wow forums because its like the old days when something changed, it became the end of the world until a new patch. im not looking for just a grind but some fun and pvp. i remember those old days when there was a kinship between horde and some alliance, we couldnt talk to each other but there was always some respect with an emote. only reason i played on alliance was because of dwarves but when i come back its horde all the way, goblin (hunt/rog) and a troll (warr). will miss the gnomes a little.

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    if you're into MMO's and don't want to pay a subscription fee, got check out Guild Wars 2. It'll probably be coming out in a half a year or so (release date is yet to be announced). It looks badass in every way.

6. I quit WoW years ago and haven't looked back. That said, I can't wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic to come out. I've heard good things about FF XIV as well.

7. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I also have been hanging out for this one for a while.

If its no good i'll go back to EvE :D

8. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Meh, I still play because nothing better has come along (and christ console games suck this gen, i don't play FPS), the game is very casual but it seems cat will step back more toward half way through BC, nothing will move as slowly as Vanilla did, but IMO that's what made it so good.

9. There have been so many changes this patch, the QQ on the forums is astounding. My main is a hunter, and we received the biggest changes of any class, but personally I'm loving it.

But really, wait till Cata. This patch is one huge cluster**** of changes that are going to be tweaked for the next 2 months.

EDIT: You mentioned PvP, so you might like this. In cata, the new PvP focus is going to be BG's. Blizz is implementing rated battlegrounds, very similar to arena, so that instead of being tossed in with a bunch of scrubs, you will be encouraged to form premades and will be pitted against other players with similar ratings. As a BG fanatic, this is the best announcement by far.

10. yea i was thinking that maybe after cata goes in and the bugs all worked out that would come back. BG's were alot of fun in the early days, just grinding to get the ranks was horrible. horde population was low, and if you didnt make a premade then you didnt get to the top or even near it without haveing a few people play the toon no-stop.

i forgot all about star wars, i tried the other MMO when i was playing everquest at the time but didnt stay around. never tried guild wars before, have to look at their site again.

11. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    Thats all these games are.

I had played many different MMORPG's since 1998, until a couple years ago I realised they are all the same.

12. Isn't every nonproductive passtime a giant grind?

13. yea people grind TV everywhere, lets see wow beat the subscriptions of cable.

14. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    I totaly agree its better than spending your time watching tv.

15. They recently topped 12 million subs. :eek:

16. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I wanna get WoW.
    I just found out LIGHTS plays WoW pretty religiously.

That's my sole reason.

17. Try Aion - it's everything you've ever hated about an MMO, all rolled up into one big PvPvE mess.

I love it.

18. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Is LIGHTS some sort of female? Thats the only fitting explanation...

19. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    it's an acronym for the Lascivious Intercultural Girls' Humongous boobies Society.

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Oh, are those the people who make all those naked Second Life characters?