Questions/Help with an Ibanez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by savyen, Sep 4, 2009.

1. savyen

savyen

Aug 25, 2009
    I have recently rejoined the ranks of an aspiring bass player. I have not played in over 15 years, however recently I received a bass, a practice amp and if I ever play in band again a pretty good bass rig (SWR 750 with two Cabs). I am attempting to get a better idea on what kind of bass I have.

This is what I know; it is an Ibanez BTB from 1999, it was made in japan, it as a translucent black/purplish/gray finish. I think it is a a BTB 500. That is all I know, I was given everything however there was no documentation for the bass. I have all of the documentation concerning the amps. So please help. Below are some of the questions I have, also if you any other info concerning this bass please share.

1 How are the electronics, should they be replaced. I noticed that he newer models have Bartolini electronics.

2. So how do the older models compare to the new ones.

3. What kind of body is it.

2. savyen

savyen

Aug 25, 2009
    Does anyone have any info...

3. taygunov

taygunov Guest

May 8, 2008
    1. They can either be stock Ibanez pickups, or they can be Bartolini's which I don't think they are because they only started using barts later on (not 100% sure on this). As to changing them, that's up to you!

2. I'm not sure as to how good the quality was in the older models, but I hear a lot of comments from BTB players on how the newer models have improved, such as Bart pickups and deeper cutaways.

3. I can't say this without pictures, but I have a gut feeling its Basswood topped with flamed maple.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021