1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Questions on Aguilar amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ajrocks, Nov 21, 2010.

1. I have a friend that plays with a couple of big name people and he has a few aguilars. He wants to sell one and is asking 1,100. new on amazon same thing. bit cheaper than the others. if it breaks or any problems he will send it back. my question is this though. on their site they have reviews from a few years back on this head. So does that mean that if I buy the used ones on this site it's the same as the new ones out there? or are there differences?

Thanks

also I am thinking about the new Hartke LH1000, GB or Eden.

my gk 800rb is biting the dust. don't know any one that might be able to fix it(or that I trust)

2. well 42 views and no answere. I contacted Aguilar about this we'll see what they say. I'll post and let everyone know.

Thanks for viewing.

3. Which model exactly are you refering too? Aguilar have made some small changes to the current products over the years and have discontinued a fair number as well.

Although I don't think any of the changes have been seriously significant enough for you to be concerned about. Just small updates here and there...

4. Thanks son, I just recieved an email from the president of Aguilar, he wrote
    Hi Alan,

We tweeked some of the parameters slightly during the first year of production;
    but nothing major.

All the units from the last few years are the same. So....if the used one is a
    good deal, it should be fine.

However, please keep in mind that the warranty is three years and not
    transferable.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if we can help in anyway.

Best Regards,

Dave Boonshoft
    President
    Aguilar Amplification LLC
    599 Broadway, 7th fl.
    NY, NY 10025

So they are basicaly the same. so those of you with Aguilars how long have you had them and are there any problems. The specific modle is the AG 500.

Thanks
    Ajay

5. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    Ive had an AG500sc for a year or so and no problems...top amp.... i think as long as you have the original receipt and registration form the Warranty is valid... is that what he means, its not transferable to a second hand buying party?