1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Questions on Avatars

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Sep 20, 2002.

1. I've been looking into a 12" setup...and I'm just needing something for practice right now, since I'm getting with a new group and we're gonna practice the hell outta the stuff on our list before we THINK of playing out...How do the Compact 112s sound?I've got a Hartke3500, so it'd have 240W heading into it...Would it compete say with a 1X12 or 2X12 combo, or a 4X12 at low volume?How does it sound and compete with the Compact 115 under it?I'm looking for a small, light setup for more portability....And building another rig under it...Any responses appreciated, thanks in advance....

Bryan

2. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    hey,
    i have an avatar 4x10 and i love it. but its obviously not the best choice for u as that your looking for a light portable rig. my advaice to you would be to get a 2x10 and a 1x15. but if your hearts set on 12's i think that they would sound great too. Dave really makes a quality speaker.
    hope it helps

3. Well, cash is an issue, too...And I'm gonna Build the larger rig, probably my 4X12(2 Bass/2 Guitar Speaks) or something...I dunno yet...We'll see...