Questions on Avatars

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Sep 20, 2002.

1. I've been looking into a 12" setup...and I'm just needing something for practice right now, since I'm getting with a new group and we're gonna practice the hell outta the stuff on our list before we THINK of playing out...How do the Compact 112s sound?I've got a Hartke3500, so it'd have 240W heading into it...Would it compete say with a 1X12 or 2X12 combo, or a 4X12 at low volume?How does it sound and compete with the Compact 115 under it?I'm looking for a small, light setup for more portability....And building another rig under it...Any responses appreciated, thanks in advance....

2. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    i have an avatar 4x10 and i love it. but its obviously not the best choice for u as that your looking for a light portable rig. my advaice to you would be to get a 2x10 and a 1x15. but if your hearts set on 12's i think that they would sound great too. Dave really makes a quality speaker.
    hope it helps
  3. Well, cash is an issue, too...And I'm gonna Build the larger rig, probably my 4X12(2 Bass/2 Guitar Speaks) or something...I dunno yet...We'll see...