1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

questions on digital drum kits

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Apr 7, 2006.

1. hello there.. im interested in an electrical drum kit..

mainly because i have no room for an acoustic kit..

the one i was interested in was the yamaha dd55

http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMDD55

mainly because its in my price range and looks like it can give me the most bang for my buck..

i was wondering if there is a way i can hook it upto my computer and if there is a softwear that reads and transcribes what i play onto sheet music...

does softwear like this even exsist?

or are there any other electrical drum kits out there that are specificaly designed for that kind of task?

2. did i mention that anybody can freely respond to this thread? :)

aaand GO!

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The answer to both questions is yes. You'll need a MIDI interface to attach it to your computer, and Finale or some other transcription software to turn the MIDI data from the DD55 into notation.

4. Personally, I'd opt for an electronic drum set... a lot more fun ;).

5. thanks a bunch :)

i found some midi interfaces on zzsounds but not sure wich would be the best compatible or best product over all, some help maybe?

oh, and another question. the yamaha dd55 lets me record what ever i play and also has some default drum beats.. can i write one of my own in something like sibalius and upload it into the drum machine? or am i just wishing? :p

the issue with that is still space and also buying the right kind of amp for it... the digital one i posted has its own built in speakers