1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Questions on my 2000 Modulus Q5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamphunk, Apr 3, 2016.

1. jamphunk

jamphunk

Oct 19, 2015
    I recently acquired a used Modulus Quantum Q5 from a Guitar Center, and I really love out it plays and sounds. However, it didn't come with much information about the specs.

The description that came from GC was "2000 Q5 Quantum 5 String Trans Amber Electric Bass Guitar". It has EMG X active pickups.

Does the amber have to do with the finish on top or somehow in the body? Do you know what other wood may be in there?

Also, I'm not sure what this double knob (left most -on photo) does. It seems like the bottom part only does something when the top part is turned up. The other double knob seems to be a treble/bass knob.

Does anyone have any insight on what the specs would be on this bass? Do you know what that double knob represents?

Thanks in advance.

2. jamphunk

jamphunk

Oct 19, 2015
    pics attached:

Attached Files:

3. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    Probably a mid control and frequency sweep in a stack. I'd bet that the top is boost/cut and the bottom is the freq selector.

4. highway

highway

Aug 20, 2008
    post that in the modulus club, they will be all over your bass with info and praise!

5. jamphunk

jamphunk

Oct 19, 2015
    Thanks! I got some good info from them.

6. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Amber would be the color of the top. It looks to be a flame maple more than likely on an alder back, but I'd need to see pics to be sure of that.

Not sure on the stacked knob though my guess would be the mid freq/mid as mentioned but it would be better to know what preamp is in it...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021