1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Questions on original GK MB212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blaxquid, Sep 20, 2016.

1. blaxquid

blaxquid

Jul 18, 2013
    So I just scored one of those from a pawn shop for what I think is a good price (225$USD) but of course, it couldn't be perfect. So, I had a couple questions for you guys that still own those.

1) When turned on the amp exhibits some noise/hum that goes away as the master volume and boost controls are turned down. Nothing crazy but I was wondering if it should be 100% silent. My MB200 wasn't, even with headphones, so, I assume this has to do with the Class-D thing.

2) When I push on the horn ON button, there is a constant high pitched humming that sounds like water pouring in a sink. It goes away if turned off. Most likely a blown tweeter. Not a deal breaker as I don't use them... but still. Repairable or would have to replace it?

3) When the amp is turned on and headphones are connected, there is a loud pop coming from the speakers. Also not a deal breaker to have to turn off the amp but I'd rather not have to. UPDATE: Actually picking up radio quite well on this headphone out.

4) Doesn't seem THAT loud for a 500w amp. "How" loud is yours?

5) Anything else I should check before my 1 month warranty expires?

All in all very happy but kinda cautious. Sounds killer and weighs less than half my Mesa Powerhouse cab!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. blaxquid

blaxquid

Jul 18, 2013
    Nobody?