1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Questions regarding Rack setup

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bennito, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    I'm starting to look into buying a rack unit to hold my stuff. Right now, though, all I have is a head that would take up 2 rack spaces, and a wireless which is 1/2 size with the antennas on the back. I also have a pedal tuner, though I'm looking into buying a rackmount tuner as well.

Here are my questions:

1) How would one go about rackmounting a 1/2 size unit (i.e. half the width of the rack)?

2) One thing I like about the pedal tuner is that it mutes everything when I tune my bass. Can I do this with a rackmount tuner?

2. You can get rack equipment that is meant to connect to the side of a 1/2 unit size that will allow you to hook it up to a standard rack. I can't remember what they are actually called, but I know you can find them at Musician's Friend (which is where I bought mine), and probably any other music store.

I have a rack mounted tuner that has a muting footswitch with it. Most good tuners will allow muting while tuning. Normally it's either in the option of a footswitch or a button on the front of the tuner that mutes it.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    On the wireless, check with the manufacturer of it. Alot of them offer a kit to rackmount their units. Also, you can always get a rack shelf and mount it on that.

The tuner is just like John said. My older Korg DTR-2 has a mute switch on its face and is also foot-switchable.