Questions regarding Rack setup

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bennito, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    I'm starting to look into buying a rack unit to hold my stuff. Right now, though, all I have is a head that would take up 2 rack spaces, and a wireless which is 1/2 size with the antennas on the back. I also have a pedal tuner, though I'm looking into buying a rackmount tuner as well.

Here are my questions:

1) How would one go about rackmounting a 1/2 size unit (i.e. half the width of the rack)?

2) One thing I like about the pedal tuner is that it mutes everything when I tune my bass. Can I do this with a rackmount tuner?
  2. You can get rack equipment that is meant to connect to the side of a 1/2 unit size that will allow you to hook it up to a standard rack. I can't remember what they are actually called, but I know you can find them at Musician's Friend (which is where I bought mine), and probably any other music store.

I have a rack mounted tuner that has a muting footswitch with it. Most good tuners will allow muting while tuning. Normally it's either in the option of a footswitch or a button on the front of the tuner that mutes it.
  3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    On the wireless, check with the manufacturer of it. Alot of them offer a kit to rackmount their units. Also, you can always get a rack shelf and mount it on that.

The tuner is just like John said. My older Korg DTR-2 has a mute switch on its face and is also foot-switchable.