1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick advice : fender fortis 15

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by kikstand454, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kikstand454

kikstand454

Sep 28, 2012
    Hey guys, I trust you all more than the handful of reviews I can find about these things.

Drummer recently purchased some edrums, that we may or may not use in some live applications. Is the fortis 15 capable and worth the sale price of $349??

We currently run EV EXL12's for monitors, but he needs a dedicated one for himself/ edrum practice.

Thanks in advance!

2. kikstand454

kikstand454

Sep 28, 2012
    Anyone?

3. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Haven't run them, but here's Sound On Sound's review of the 12BT. If you're seeing the 15BT for $349, that price seems good compared to the market. Musicians' Friend has 'em for $399 in what seems like a typo (an open-box version is discounted at $659.99). And I'm seeing them at the usual online spots for $700 and up.

W/o hearing it, I have no opinion on whether it sounds like it's worth $350, but it looks like you'd be able to get your money back on resale if you don't like it. Since the market for single tops isn't as strong as for pairs, if you really want to be safe you should check whether your seller offers a return period.

kikstand454 likes this.
  4. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    BTW, a headphone mixer makes a convenient solution for e-drums practice

kikstand454 likes this.
  5. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    I really dont think they have been out long enough to have been put through the trials and tests of chronic live use. On paper they look pretty good (except no specifics on the onboard amps...just says 1300w), but they are in the price range of JBL's and EV's and well tested models. I dont think they would even be my 3rd or 4th choice for the price. Sorry man, wish I could help more.

kikstand454 likes this.
  6. kikstand454

kikstand454

Sep 28, 2012
    Thanks all.
    I guess they're just too new to have a solid review. At the price my drummer found, and the specs listed... I'm tempted to just encourage him to get it.
    If he does, I'll report back to everyone.

7. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    they were MusiciansFriend's stupid deal of the day for the last 24 hours. That explains the $399 price tag. they are normally just about double that. Still cant find more in depth specs other than the "selling points" Max SPL, wattage, input ports, Bluetooth, etc. Nice that they are wooden boxes, but they are pretty damn heavy at 53lbs each and doesnt say if its bi-amped or just a split signal plate amplifier. Im skeptical but ive been wrong before!

kikstand454 likes this.
  8. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    The sound company I work for part time uses a couple of Fortis 15s, along with QSCs and a number of other high end speakers. Our sound guys rave about them. I think they sound great too, but as the guy who usually lugs the stuff around I mostly find them pretty heavy. Give me a set of K12s any day LOL!
    However $349 on a Fortis 15 is a steal and it would probably sound amazing with an electronic drum kit.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    kikstand454 likes this.
  9. Any word on the fortis sub's? The specs look pretty good for the price.

kikstand454 likes this.