Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quick Aggie stack question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xring, Mar 2, 2006.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Well it seems that MS has lost my order on my second S410 cab, so a supervisor was kind enough to offer me a great deal on a GS212 cab.
    I was really looking forward to the identical voicing of the
    2 - 4x10's. Do you think I will be giving anything up by going with the 212 - 410 combo, or might it be a better stack? I must say that I DO NOT find the S410 lacking in lows. I just hope I'm not going to give up some clarity.
    Any opinions? Thanks.:meh:

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    That sounds like a great match, but very different that the 410 stack.
    The 212 can get very low. That sucker's dangerous;) , but it can be dialed in to be very defined, though a bit mid-shy, but the 410 should compliment that cab very well(from what i've heard, i've never actually heard the S series cabs).
    The GS212 also has very nice highs.

I know a few guys around here use the GS112 and the S210, hopefully they'll chime in(Quadzilla, I believe)

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    it will sound different. wont have as much punch as a dual 4x10 setup, which is my preferred rig. but an upgrade to a GS series 2x12 aint nothin' to shake a stick at.

is he offereng you the same 45 day return? if so, go for it. dont like it, get your money back.