1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quick Aguilar Tonehammer question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by qwench, Jul 26, 2012.

1. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Hey all...

I just received my Aguilar Tonehammer I picked up here in the classified's...my idea is to run my effects board with the Tonehammer LAST in the signal chain and send the DI out to the FOH for gigs and I just wanna make sure I have this right...I would need to then send the 1/4" output to my amp...is that a parallel out?? Is this correct??

Essentially...there is a XLR DI output on the Tonehammer as well as the 1/4" output....the XLR DI will go to FOH and the 1/4" output to my TC RH450 amp...is that cool??? I am thinking so but I just wanted to check with current users to make sure I am not confused...thanks in advance all!!!!

2. That's how you do it. I haven;t used that pedal but have done the same with a similar pedal.

3. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    That's what I do.

4. Yes, you can run both at the same time. When I play at church we run everything through IEMs, so I'll run the 1/4 Output to my mixer and control my sound independently while FOH gets the XLR out.

5. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Appreciated...just thought I would double check...and of course the TB community helped out...thanks all!!