1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick amp question. Pre-out related.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TUEP, Jun 20, 2014.

  1. TUEP


    Apr 8, 2007
    I am wanting to run my Ampeg BR2/SVT-350 into my computer to mess around with different tones in audacity. Basically going to put it on the -20db switch and post EQ switch. Would it be alright to use a speaker cable instead of a instrument cable when running from the pre-amp out to the PC sound card? Or should I just use an instrument cable? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. Dave W

    Dave W

    Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Use an instrument cable.

    Speaker cable is unshielded so it's possible that you can get some noise using it in the manner you describe.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.