Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

quick avatar question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wiggett, Aug 3, 2005.

1. which is better, the kappa pro 410, or the 410 neo? the neo's more expensive, but thats probably cause of teh neodyium speakers costing more, but is the neo better or is the kappa better? which would suit a metal band more with the b212neo below it.

thanks

2. Mr_McBride

Mr_McBride

Oct 9, 2003
    Acworth, Ga
    Other than the obvisous differences in power handling...I asked this same question in several forums and again when I called to order an Avatar 4x10. I got the same answer from everyone. The pro has a smoother, more polished top end. I was also told the neo has a bit more bottom, whereas the pro has a more low-mid punch.

Two items of interest are that the pro is more efficient that the neo, so you will get a little bit more volume per watt, however, the neo only weighs 65lbs.

I opted for the neo as I planned on using it with the a neo 2x10 that I already own. My personal option....with a single 4x10 and the position where I usually stand, I don't hear any highs. So I already have plenty of bottom. But with the 2x10 added, it sits high enough that I now also get plenty of mids/highs.

I am pushing this with an Eden WT-800B (1,100 watts) so I have plenty of power. I am really happy with this setup.

Hope this helps,

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The sound would be different, but not tremendously different. The difference in power handling won't be an issue for most users.

The weight is a HUGE difference if you are gigging frequently, and I guarantee you'll like the neo much, much better if you plan on moving the cab around alot.

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    +1

I have a 210 NEO 600 watts is plenty loud for me. It's getting mated to a 212 NEO in a couple of weeks, also @ 600 watts, so I have some additional sonic booty.

I'm strong enough to haul the pro's but the sound/wattage didn't justify it. get the NEO...you'll be pleased

5. Kappa Pro has better bottom end
    Neo more pronounced mids

Kappa Pro handles 500 watts
    Neo 300 watts.

6. Have you played through both?

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've heard exactly the opposite. YMMV, of course.