1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick bit of irony

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by basscooker, Jul 13, 2014.

1. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    So I just went outside with my dogs. I was almost immediately swarmed by mosquitoes. It has been kinda rainy (more like sun showers) for a couple of days. I'm usually pretty active in making sure there aren't pools of water around the property for this reason. I noticed that there were hundreds of larvae in the citronella candles buckets, that have filled with water..... just wanted to share. Nature's little bit of irony there, I guess. :spit:
    Anybody else have a little to share?

2. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    Every night I take a walk by the graveyard near my house ... to remind myself If I get lazy, I may end up in there sooner.

3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Well, our house does not have natural gas, so we have to use oil heat. Guess who has an esement trhrough our back yard? Natural gas pipeline.

4. I got in a traffic jam, and I was already late.

5. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Nothing ironic to add, just a reminder that mosquitoes carry heartworms.

6. We've had a heat wave here lately that is supposed to continue for the next week. Today was supposed to be 90º with a possible thunder shower, and it barely got over 70º. I know it's not really an exact science, but how in the heck can they miss by 20º? That's weird.

DwaynieAD likes this.
  7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I was speeding to get to work one day and I got pulled over and given a $90 ticket. I was late for work but only because I got pulled over.

machine gewehr and Immigrant like this.
  8. I LOLd.

9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    The school I went to was famous for never giving days off.

My last semester there was a hurricane. We got the last day off. It was perhaps the nicest day of the year.

Sometimes ya get lucky

fourstringdrums likes this.
  10. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Yeah I think it's pretty funny now. That's the only ticket I've ever received.

11. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    I heard a story of a cop getting in trouble for being late because he got pulled over on his way in. Always wondered if it were true. Now THAT's ironic.

fourstringdrums likes this.
  12. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    oh-the-irony-8234.

ImNotJoel and bachlover like this.
  13. My friend told me that I don't understand the concept of irony. Which is ironic, because we were standing at a bus stop.

14. they tore up the street in front of my house to run natural gas thru to the development across the street. my house is close to the pipeline than any in the development. guess who doesn't have natural gas.

15. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Bus stops are not ironic.
    They are simply tragic.

16. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    10 years ago, when I was 19 I threw the only computer at home to the garbage and told my father I'm never ever touching a computer again.

10 years later, I'm a computer engineer, developing apps and having probably the hardest / worst week of my career. I can't simply complete a simple task. I don't know why, I just can't. It's been a week and I'm supposed to complete it today.

Irony, tragedy, comedy it's all in there.:atoz::wacky::laugh::woot:

17. Innocuous

Innocuous In Memoriam

May 5, 2014
    N. E. Ohio
    Your 29 years old and still have a cheese slice as a security blanket. Looks like American cheese to boot. Class yourself up man, use blue cheese or sharp cheddar. Even Swiss would be a step in the right direction.

18. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Your heat is coming this week. It is expected to get into the mid to high 90s there. Pretty drastic for a place where people wear shorts until it get down to 40.

19. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    You are right. I need to do something about the cheese.

On a second thought I quit smoking 3 weeks ago. Maybe that's why I' m having brain farts all day long.:woot:

Edit: I couldn't even write "thought" correctly. :atoz:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    4StringAxe likes this.
  20. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009

I quit smoking just over three months now, hang in there brother.