quick carvin ?????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by warwickben, Oct 9, 2002.

1. how much would i get for a used carvin amp if i brought it to guitarcenter.i belive i paid 319 new.
  2. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    I can tell you exactly how to get the exact amount they will give you. (which probably will disapoint you, carvin resale is squat) BRING IT TO YOUR LOCAL G C AND ASK THEM!!!!!!!! Sorry, I just felt that was necessary:rolleyes:
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Expect to get 30-50% (leaning to 50%) less than you'd get selling it privately.

My guess would be less than 100$ in any case.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Although Carvin is a direct seller, the price would correspond to about $500 list for a regular product. So half of list would be $250, which would be the wholesale price to a dealer. A dealer would figure that the lowest price they'd end up selling the used piece would be half of list, or $250. They'll give you half of that, or maybe $100. Probably more like $80 for Carvin. The resale's not too high for that stuff.
  5. iam want to sell it so i can get money for a svt.any help on were to sell it or how to get the most money will help.
  6. Honestly? Save your nickels and dimes, buy the SVT and keep the Carvin around the house for a practice amp. You aren't going to get squat for the Carvin anyway and you're not going to want to fire up all of those expensive tubes in the SVT just to get a few minutes practice in.
  7. yeah i understand what ur saying but most of the time when i play i play for like 1 to 2 hours.and if i just playing for a bit ill use my fender combo wich sounds better then my carvin.