1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick DC adaptor question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dragonlord, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I just got a bass micro synth from the US. It has a 110V AC>24V DC adaptor. Here in Greece we have 220V... so, I was thinking, if I find the right plug adaptor, could I use this DC adaptor with 220V? That is, will it also give 24V DC when plugged in 220V AC?
    Thanks.

2. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You just need to get a 120 to 220V step up transformer. I'd contact EHX, maybe they sell 220V adapters?

3. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Yeah, they do, but there aren't any in stock in Greece now, which means I have to order from Germany or wait till December, the cost of one from Germany would be 17+20 euro for shipping... I could also just look for a 24V adaptor locally I guess, but I'm not very ambitious. I know that some adaptors work at all AC voltages, that is they give the same volts in DC no matter if you feed them 110V or 220V AC, I'm just not sure if all of them are like that or if the ehx ones are among those that are.

4. No they're not.
    Easy to get from here though.
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/electro_harmonix_24dc_100_eu_netzadapter.htm

5. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Ok, thanks... yeah, i'll probably place an order one of these days with thomann or musicstore.