1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick flats question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Shy Guy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Shy Guy

Shy Guy

Sep 23, 2008
    Templeton, MA
    So, currently I use a pretty high gauge set of D'addario chromes and have been wanting to switch to a lighter gauge of flats and was wondering how LaBella flats with a light gauge stack up sound and feel wise.

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    If you like the Chromes, why not just get a lighter gauge of those?

3. Shy Guy

Shy Guy

Sep 23, 2008
    Templeton, MA
    Just for a change of pace, I figured if I'm gonna get a new pair of strings I'll try something new. While I'm on it I've heard that LaBella has high tension even at lower gauges, is this true.

4. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    I'm using tho Rotosound 77 jazz flats and am very happy with them. Very punchy and great feel in my opinion. They do have more tension then rounds but I just made the switch to flats so I can't really compare to other flats.

5. Shy Guy

Shy Guy

Sep 23, 2008
    Templeton, MA
    Cool, I know companies like Labella warn against through body stringing with medium and up gauges, put say its perfectly fine for a light (.043-.104) gauge. Is this true? I see Rob Allen displaying his models with flat Labellas.

6. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    i have a set of 760FL's strung thru currently & have had no issues with it

7. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    My roto flats on my ATK are strung through body and I'm not having a problem yet.