1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick Markbass question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vendele197, Apr 23, 2010.

1. So, first real gig tonight with my new Markbass setup. Super stoked, of course. One question though...

The venue that I'm playing at has a pretty decent sound system and sound guy. I'm going to run direct out of my Little Mark III, but I'm wondering what I should do with my line out knob; I've never had one before. Exactly what does the knob do, and how should I have it set. Any info, suggestions, etc. welcome. Thanks

2. Excellent! You will love it, and so will your sound guy.

First, set your DI to pre EQ. The vast majority of sound pro's like a pure clean signal, and it will allow you to tweak your EQ on stage to get the best sound out of your cab without messing with the signal to the board (most of the time, a bass through a PA needs very different EQ than a backline bass cab).

The DI level control is kind of a useless thing when you have a sound professional. It is typically used to either control the signal going into a cheap board that might not have a pad input level control, or for someone to control the DI signal to a small PA that does not have a sound professional running it.

It's just a volume control that only impacts the signal coming from the DI to the board, and again, is not really needed when you have a sound professional. Just set it at noon, which will result in a nice medium strength line level signal to the board. If for some reason your sound person wants a hotter or less hot signal, then you can adjust to taste.

Enjoy!

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i would set it to "pre EQ" and leave the "line out" on "0". let the sound guy do his thing.

4. I think turning the line out all the way off will result in no signal, but not sure... never turned it all the way down. Again, noon will put the LMIII at pretty much the same output level as the LMII, which is a nice, medium output line level signal, which I've never had an issue with running to a board.

5. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    oh, okay! yeah Ken, that's a much safer bet. i took for granted the "line level out" was dependent on the "post EQ" setting.

6. We are saying the same thing... pre EQ, set the line out to a reasonable level and leave it alone, and then play:bassist: