1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quick monitor question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Occasionally, maybe two or three times a week, I open my computer and my resolution is at 1024 by whatever. Usually, I have it set to 11 something, the slightly higher resolution. However, when I check my desktop properties, I can't go any higher than 1024. So, I restart my computer and it returns to normal.

I've noticed that when the resolution is smaller (1024), the monitor in my settings tab is known as "Default Monitor", while on the higher resolution, it's known as Hansol something or other.

As far as I can tell, it should always be recognised by my computer as the Hansol (it's not a Hansol though... it's a Cicero?) since I can further customise my resolution, etc etc. Anyone know what I should do?

2. I'm going to assume you're running Windows, as nothing else is so easily confused. See if you can't tell Windows what your monitor actually is. It might stay that way.

3. LCD (flat panel) or CRT?

I think some lcd's will only run in one resolution. It may have a fixed resolution and refresh rate.

I could be wrong though.

EDIT:
    Sorry, I had to re-read your question.

Go to the Cicero web site and download the latest driver for your monitor. If it is not a brand that is listed in windows, windows will pick the next best thing, or list it as a default monitor.

I had a to do the same for my ViewSonic P75f+. It is a professional model that has some features you will not get with the windows default driver. Features like higher resolutions and refresh rates.