1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quick pedal tuner shootout

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Okay guys.

Boss TU-2

[​IMG]
    or

Planet Waves CT-04

[​IMG]

or

Korg DT-10.

[​IMG]

Assume identical price. Precision is a plus (I'll be using this at home/in the studio, not just on stage). Durability, durability, durability. And, of course, it's gotta be easy to use and no fiddling around on stage with LED's going haywire.

I've been searching through the Talkbass archives and am still undecided since they all seem dependable.

Let's go! Now! So I can snatch one up on eBay tonight :D.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hmm... I use a Peterson, but if it died I would probably buy a Planet Waves to replace it. I've read a lot of positive comments about the heavy-duty construction, and it looks like it would be easy to read on stage.

3. GhostLobby

GhostLobby totally deeeeef on the hi-hat side

Nov 20, 2006
    Seattle
    I use the BOSS and I like it just fine. It's the only pedal I actually use.

4. Timmayx

Timmayx

May 29, 2006
    Wolverhampton, UK
    Subscribed to this. I've been thinking of the Boss tuner, but I;ve heard that it can add something to your tone, whereas the planet waves one doesn't. (From a tech forum I use, from one of the mebers and a convo he had with a friend of his.)

5. To the top.

6. shooter_mi

shooter_mi

Sep 29, 2005
    Maine
    I've never heard anybody express regret about having bought and used a Boss tuner. I think that says a lot.

7. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I use the Boss TU-2 and I think it's a solid piece of gear. I don't think it colors my tone at all. It will also power other nine volt pedals.

8. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I have the Boss and love it. So I say BOSS.

9. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I used to have the Boss but it always jumped around on me and it's accuracy is three times worse than the Korg. I'd go for the Korg because it doesn't sound like anything, the switching is great, it's super stable and as durable as a brick. I haven't tried the Planet Waves, though. Good luck.