Quick poll - AFL Grand Final - do I go?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Sep 20, 2005.

Should Mark drive to the AFL Grand Final?

Poll closed Sep 22, 2005.
  1. Get your butt in the car and start driving.

10 vote(s)
  2. You've got a date with the couch and the tv.

1 vote(s)
  1. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    The AFL (Australian Football League) Grand Final is on this Saturday at the Melbounre Cricket Ground between the Sydney Swans and the West Coast Eagles.

I live in Sydney, but support the West Coast Eagles.

My mum, who lives in Melbourne, has a spare ticket. To get there I would have to drive for 9-10 hours from Sydney to Melbourne on Friday, attend the game on Saturday and drive back on Sunday.

I can't afford the tickets for the plane (which are over $300 each way) and the trains are sold out.

Should I do it?
  2. Is there any reason why you shouldn't?

If not, then by all means, go.
  3. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I'm going. I can lsiten to the basscasts from Dave Burgess on the way down, that will kill 6 out of 9 or so hours driving! :D
  4. pfft... I wouldn't bother going 10 hours drive... find out which of your friends has the biggest TV... organise a barbie at his house, plenty of beer... great day... at least, thats what I'm doing, except im the friend with the big TV :p
  5. FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    i wouldnt bother going... its gonna cost you a **** tin jsut for the fuel. and besides you wouldnt feel too good after the swans pwn the eagles by 40 points... :crying: barry is too unstoppable when he brings his game

but seriously drive there nothing like being at the G plus if your close enough you can always throw stuff at barry. but i doubt that would stob him its like waving a red flag at a bull ;)
  6. Mark this is the Australian Football League Grand Final! Not the American NFL. What are you waiting for? If it were cricket or American NFL, I'd say have a barbie, lots of beer and rent a big TV. But this is the most exciting sporting event in the world! Do I sound suffiently enthusiastic? The last time I drove that far for a weekend, there was a particularly hot woman waiting for me at the end of the line. I hope you have as good a time as I did.
  7. How could you even contemplate missing the Weagles thump the living dust outta the Swans????

8. gimme a break :rolleyes: the "weagles" may as well quit now and save the embarrasment
  9. Do it, and make a poignant and witty sign to hold up when you get on TV.

Swans by four goals.
    PUMP 'EM UP THE A......
    *deep breathes... calm down... its going to be oooooootay*
  11. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Aw crap we lost. Congrats to the Swans...its going to be a long drive home :bawl:

12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Didn't the AFL merge with the NFL after Super Bowl III ? :D